Chevy Trucks - GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle
    I miss my truck....

A more helpful technique to those who need their ecus soldered

for a chip to work. instead of having a painstaking amount of work invested in putting teeny wires to thia and that.

try this:

take a small dab of solder and drop it in the middle of the two areas needing to be jumped. less time to do it....easy as krap...no mess...you wont have a headache after doing it this way.

by the way i have my diablo chip in now and love it! a guy who is certified in all this electrical stuff said its easier to do it this way and it doesnt hurt anything.

laterz

and NICE BOARD!!!

quicker than the last one i think!

:D

Exclamation Poor technique

This is not the way to do it! Anyone who is certified in soldering knows this is how cold solder joints are made. It may work at first but one day it can just stop flowing electricity and your stranded.

I miss my truck....
    hmmmmm

well that may be true and i will be stuck....i hope not.

but the way he showed me how he did it and the other ones he has done. it seems a way to do it. i have had no problems with it. how will it stop flowing current?

thanks for giving me the heads up though. if i have any problems i will be sure to post it. but for now its worked great.

also th guy who made my shifter said the same thing. you dont weld iron and steel. and after all this time and banging on it it still holds REALLY WELL!

course now they have the hurst out so i might as well get it.

thanks for the input!

Smile Its magic

Its Magic, No its got to do with the temperture of the solder and the wire or post you are soldering to. They need to be both at the correct temp or it just does not bond properly and breaks down at a microsopic level. Suggest you check a basic electronics book from the library to learn correct methods of soldering. Good luck, hope your mod has no problems.