Chevy Trucks - GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Talking Got my NEW Custom ground Comp cam in today!!

Hey guys I sent my new 49-410-8 cam back to Comp cams and after talking to a nice gentleman there I now have a custom ground 4.0 cam thats suppose to make at least 18 hp more then there big cam the 49-422-8!!! I can't wait to get it going. I also have the Comp cams dual springs and Crane cams retainers to go along with my 98 style heads. I'm just waiting to get the retainers in from Summit to take to my machine shop and have them all installed. I've done quite a bit to my truck since the sites been down so I'll have some pics up soon. Fill me in on some news form the other supercharged gang?? Later Doug904.

Welcome back again Doug. Ain't it nice to have the old forum back up? Looks like you've been busy on the truck too. :D

d0pE n3w r!dE!!!1 bL1nG!! Ben L's Avatar
    Sounds sweet Doug! Can't wait to see the Vortech under the hood and that truck turning out low 13's! That 302 is completely disassembled, I took the lifters and the spider out of the block last night, cleaned off all the gasket material, and it's ready to go to the machine shop for some TLC... I'm going to try to keep the stock rotating assy, I figure that motor will never see over 325-350 hp so I'll use the cash I'd save on .030 overbore and oversized forged pistons on some good AL heads. I'll let you know, actually right now I'm thinking about getting a 1981 Fairmont wagon with a carbed 302 that runs 12.6 in the 1/4 mile... That might put a damper on the V-8 swap for a little while, but I'm saving a lot of money between no bike payment & insurance, and a lot fewer bills since I moved into this house, so I'm sure I can swing a part every couple months. Mounts next month, headers in Sept, etc. :D

Later,
    Ben
    1997 4.0 5-speed Ranger XLT, reg. cab shortbed - Cobra front brakes on, Exploder axle soon to follow, 5.0 swap down the road...
    1981 5.0 5-speed Fairmont Wagon, grocery killer/rice fryer Currently torn apart for rebuild

Hey Guys, great to have the RangerForum back up!!

I still haven't got my new BBK throttle Body installed yet. I decided to rebuild the intake to my MP90 supercharger to give a more streamline intake to the mounting plate and open it up to 2 5/8" to match the new BBK TB (my old intake is only 2 1/2 (2 3/8 ID). Truck is still running great. The temperatures here are in the mid 80's and I still don't have any detonation even going to 10 pounds of boost. Looks like I'll be OK without having to change the chip. Still playing with my water injection design, going to insert it in the plenum below the supercharger (between the supercharger and the intake) so I have to build a higher pressure injection pump setup with small holes to create a mist and run the delivery rail the full length of the plenum just above the ports. The tolerances are too tight to consider putting it ahead of the supercharger.

My job is keeping me on the road a lot lately so I haven't had much time to work on the truck. I was in Brazil last week (Sao Paulo and Rio) and I'm off to Norway this week. I hate it when the job interferes with my hobby!!

Brian, if you need someone to babysit the truck while you're gone, I'm sure several of us would volunteer! When you get the water injection unit finished, how about some details on it? I'd love to make one for my SVO. It should be about the same configuration, I'd just need to make sure it would overcome 18 lbs of boost.

Paul96

Cam numbers

Hey Doug: you wouldn't want to post the numbers for the new, bigger cam would you?:D