Chevy Trucks - GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle
    Your rug was in the car? SteelDirigible's Avatar

Viper alarm wiring help/parking light isolation wire?

white/brown - "Parking light isolation wire - pin 87a of onboard relay"
    I am installing a viper alarm (right now) and I'm not sure what this means. the white/brown wire is from the viper harness. where does this go on my truck? there is another wire for "parking lights" and I'm not sure what it's talking about in the relay.

viper 5901
    2006 ranger xlt
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

Join the KY Rangers Google Group!

so alarm installed... lights do not flash with the lock/unlock. I have done nothing with this parking light isolation wire, and hooked up the parking light wire from viper to parking light wire of truck.

now, look on the inside of the brain here

these appear to be some jumpers or something. funny thing, when i bridge the jumpers with the fuse right there, the parking lights come on permanent. none mentioned in my paper work..... ideas?
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    that jumper is used to select the polarity of the parking lights. it will have a positive and neg option printed on the brain. meter the wire you hooked the white parking light wire to and put that jumper in - or + depending on what ur output is.. fords are usually positive if you made the connection at the headlight switch
    GO - Currently building 2.3 Turbo motor for it, 3.73 & Trac Loc - Caltrac Traction Bars - 13" Cobra Brakes - SN95 rear brakes
    Suspension - Beams and Springs 5/5 - C notch
    Exterior - 5% tint - SVE Drift 18x9 18x10 - clear headlights/fogs - cowl hood - SS mirrors - Rollpan - Undercover ABS bed cover

haha you're about the only one left helping me over two forums.... i hooked it to the wire in the passenger kick panel harness, the wiring guide i have says the brown wire in the brown plug is the Parking light + wire, and white/black as the neg. wire. I went with the brown wire. may try rerouting and tapping into headlight switch.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    it'll be the same brown wire at the headlight switch. if you put the jumper in the positive orientation then ur lights should flash when you press lock unlock or start the truck.
    GO - Currently building 2.3 Turbo motor for it, 3.73 & Trac Loc - Caltrac Traction Bars - 13" Cobra Brakes - SN95 rear brakes
    Exterior - 5% tint - SVE Drift 18x9 18x10 - clear headlights/fogs - cowl hood - SS mirrors - Rollpan - Undercover ABS bed cover

OzzModz Classifieds
    on the 06 you might have to hook up that parking light isolator.. try this.. turn your headlights on then hit lock or unlock. do the light flash now? also try the same thing with the truck on

ok... well they don't so far but i'll try and fool with it some more. i'm also not sure my domelight supervision is working.... how can i check that? i hooked it to the black/blue wire in the kick panel that my wiring guide said to use.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

oh i just saw your last post. i will try that. but where does the parking light isolator go? i didn't understand that, although i see what it's supposed to do i think.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    basically what the parking light isolator does is allow the lights are vehicles that have a module that controls most of the functions in the car only when the car is on. the parking light isolator i believe allows you do wire the lights up after that module. i can find out for sure while i'm at work today though. ive never hooked up dome supervision so idk about that one.

i can turn parking lights on when vehicle is off though, does this mean it's not needed? I will go ahead and give it a shot though.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

so i turned the key on, still no dice. I tried it with jumper in both positions and couldn't get anything to happen.
    if the jumper is in the wrong position, lights would be on all the time, right? and flash off when i lock/unlock? because in one position, it used to be on all the time. now it stays on in neither position.
    and now i see it was in the positive position where they WERE on all time, and are not now. is it possible i blew something? jumper fuse is still good, and i checked the parkign light fuse the other day as i was trying to figure it out.

ok so it's just the three jumpers at the top i'm concerned with, right? what is the row of smaller black things that look like jumpers?
    and the jumpers in the top right that are on the outside of the case, are they correct? the default was with them horizontal.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    the outside jumpers should be fine by default. if you plugged in the lights jumper so the - you probably blew a fuse because you would have short circuited the light wiring in the truck... check the truck's fuse. put the jumper in the + position and find that fuse that you blew and try it again. if not i'd go directly to the headlight switch, find the brown wire, meter it to make sure it's positive when the parking lights are on and then go.. if your parking lights dont come on at all then ur fuse is blown if they do then that's odd. dont bother with the row of black deals under the light -+ jumper.

ok it's possible they blew since last i checked. it's just the fuse in the kick panel, right? there's not another? I didn't even try just the parking lights earlier.... should have thought of it. i do know one of my corner lights is out... but that's not really an issue. i won't be able to really rip it apart again until maybe next next weekend.
    i still have the whole autostart part to work out...
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

also i thought i would be able to flash the XK05 bypass module myself, but now i see i need some other box to hook it to my computer. does it even need to be flashed, firmware says I need 5.PKTI v1.02 and the back of the bypass module says PKTI. none of the downloadable firmware from their site even has PKTI in it, other than the one it says I need, so am I good to go? if not, would I be better of selling the XK05 module and getting THIS instead?

bottom of my xk05:
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    if you use the pkall bypass you can program it with your keys. if you use that then you need a bitwriter to program it.

well it does say you use keys to program the xk05 too though. is it just a firmware issue? since the pkall is preloaded with all of them.
    2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

OzzModz Classifieds
    not sure on that. idk just return it and get a pkall

2006 4.0L 4x4
    BUILD THREAD

I have some mods.

S-10 Driver
    ok so it sound like you have no clue what you're doing. so first off don't just blindly hook up wires and hope things work out. get a multimeter and test your wires. even the best tech support is wrong often. second thing, read the install manual before you do anything else. it sounds like you have no clue what you're trying to hookup. the parklight isolation wire is used when you need to isolate part of the circuit, hence the name, it's simply onboard, rather than using an external relay to open the connection. here's all the info you'll need for your truck, except the immobilizer, for that i'd recommend a pkfm if you're determined to use a dei piece but i've found idatalink tb bypasses to be much more reliable. and it sounds like you either have little or bad tech so heres pretty much everything you could need for your install.

the one other thing is that I hope you're not using t-taps, solder your connections or at the very least twist, fold and tape.

12 VOLTS Yellow Ignition switch harness +
    IGNITION Green/violet Ignition switch harness +
    ACCESSORY Gray/yellow Ignition switch harness +
    ACCESSORY 2 Black/green Ignition switch harness +
    STARTER Red/blue Ignition switch harness +
    TACH SIGNAL Use Injector
    FUEL INJECTOR Opposite from Red wire At any injector on engine AC
    LOCK Pink/yellow In harness from driver's door -
    UNLOCK Pink/green In harness from driver's door -
    This vehicle may be equipped with SLAM-LOCK which puts the doorlock ciccuit to sleep after about 10 minutes. pulse ignition or door trigger same time as unlock to wake bcm
    DOMELIGHT / ALL DOORS Black/blue At Junction block in passenger kickpanel +
    BRAKE SWITCH Lt.green At switch above brake pedal +
    PARKING LIGHTS (-) White/Black At switch -
    PARKING BRAKE Red/yellow At switch of fusebox in passenger kick -
    HORN Yellow/green At steering column -

S-10 Driver
    I have a question with the flashing parking lights. Do you think it is possible for the fuse to be blow if nothing has changed? I have not added any additional lights or did anything different beyond replacing by remote. They simply stopped flashing...

Any ideas? Is it possible that when the remote was replaced the alarm was programmed to stop flashing the parking lights?